During #pandemic you’re #WFH , are you sick of constantly mute and unmute your microphone in the meeting? Keep looking for mute button in app after app? #MicrosoftTeams ? Or #GoogleMeet ? #CiscoWebEx ?
Don’t bother anymore. Here’s a quick setup then you’re ONE hotkey away from mute or unmute your microphone across entire Mac.
You only need system’s Automator app.
- Create a Quick Action workflow
- Set “Workflow receives current” option to “no input”
- Add “Run Shell Script” action
osascript -e "set volume input volume 0”
- (Repeat steps above and paste:
osascript -e "set volume input volume 100”) to another workflow file called “Unmute systematically”
- Save this Quick Action as “Mute systematically”
- Set a global shortcut you want in > System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Services
Enjoy your peace of mind and remember to unmute when someone starting to talk!
I’m enjoying my peace of mind. Hope it works for you too!
Wondering if there’s a hotkey for iPad?